The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Day 36

Today is the 36th day since I last smoked a pipe.  The last few days have been difficult emotionally and I have really wanted to give up my Lenten vow.   I have not done so, but it makes me very nervous about the end of Lent.  It is only a week and a half away.  Will I be able to drum up the fortitude to contine being away from my pipes or will I give in and quickly be back where I was originally?  I sincerely do not know what I will do.

Running was fine today, but it was inside due to the icy conditions.  Next week should allow me to run outside which will be nice.

I try to be a good, kind, gentle and helpful person, but I feel as if no one at work sees or gives a damn.  It really hurts.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Briar Report said...

Priorities are important and it's the wise man that knows what they are. Your pipe will be waiting for you, rested and ready to go.

Wednesday, 21 March, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

wow pipe..congratulations..I'm proud of you..I know it must be very hard...you can do this ..

Wednesday, 21 March, 2018  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That really is an accomplishment! Take it easy on yourself and it will work out.

Wednesday, 21 March, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home