The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Heat Wave Coming and Then...

Interestingly, in the next 36 hours we are in store for a heat wave for our region.  It is expected that temperatures will briefly hit an amazing high of 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius). If this actually happens, I may have enough warmth and slushiness to the snow that I may be able to dig out all the wires and lights from having decorated the exterior of the house for Christmas.  That will be wonderful and I hope it comes to fruition.

Then, within the next 36 hours after this "heat wave" we are expected to have temperatures go back down to normal temperatures AND we are anticipated to have a modestly heavy snowfall (anticipated 8 inches (20 centimeters).   So,  we will see how it goes. 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Warm and rain right now, looking for freezing temps again in a couple of days. I guess I should be happy with however the 'warm' lasts, haha. I hope you get your wires out before they are covered up and frozen.

Wednesday, 10 January, 2018  
Blogger BBC said...

It will be over 70 degrees here today. I'm leaving my lights up year around.

Thursday, 11 January, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home